Breaking News

Indiana coronavirus updates for Sunday, March 22, 2020

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR/TEGNA/AP) - The new coronavirus pandemic has infected more than 307,100 people and killed more than 13,000, including four confirmed deaths in Indiana. The COVID-19 illness causes mild or moderate symptoms in most people, but severe symptoms are more likely in the elderly or those with existing health problems. More than 92,300 people have recovered so far, mostly in China.

RELATED: Facts Not Fear | What you need to know about the COVID-19 outbreak

Allen County reports first death related to COVID-19, 7th death in the state
The Department of Health announced the first Allen County death from COVID-19 Sunday, making it the state's 7th death.

The Allen County resident was an older adult who had been hospitalized as a COVID-19 patient and also had a history of chronic health issues, according to the health department.

“Our hearts go out to the family who lost their loved one today as a result of COVID-19,” Indianapolis Latest News said Health Commissioner Dr. Deborah McMahan. “We continue to ask for the community’s help in adhering to guidance that will slow the spread of this virus so our hospitals can continue to provide their best care to patients suffering from COVID-19 as well as other serious conditions.”



No further information will be released about the patient or the case.

Canada won't send team to Tokyo Olympics unless games postponed
The Canadian Olympic Committee says it will not send a team to Tokyo Olympics this summer unless the games are postponed by one year.Submit Your Press Release Through Press Release Distribution Service .

The Canadian Olympic and Paralympic committees said in a statement Sunday that they're refusing to send athletes to Japan if the games set to start in late July aren't suspended.

That makes them the first country to threaten such a move in the face of the coronavirus pandemic. The committees' statement saying they're was willing to help the IOC search for alternatives, but that it would not be safe for athletes to compete in Tokyo in July.

The move came on the heels of an IOC announcement that it would take up to four weeks to consider its options. That includes postponing the games, but the committee doesn't know what the new date would be.

For More Information

No comments