Breaking News

Gov. Holcomb orders Hoosiers to stay home to fight COVID-19 spread

INDIANAPOLIS — Governor Eric Holcomb has ordered Hoosiers to stay home as the state and country continue to try and fight the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19.

“The next two weeks are critical if we are to slow the spread of COVID-19, Latest Indianapolis News and we must slow the spread. You must be part of the solution, not the problem,” said Gov. Holcomb.

The first positive case of COVID-19 in Indiana was reported on March 6. Since then the number of positive cases has increased on a near daily basis, escalating as the capacity to test has grown. As of this morning, the number of tests completed in Indiana is 1,960, the number of positive cases is 259 and 7 deaths have been reported.




“I’m setting the example by sending state government personnel home to work to the maximum extent possible and closing our facilities to public interaction beginning Tuesday, Press Release Distribution Service for at least the next two weeks,” said Gov. Holcomb.

Symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as many as 14 days following exposure. Most people will recover from COVID-19 without needing special treatment, but the elderly and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems and diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness and need to be hospitalized.

For More Information

No comments